Highlights |UPSC Exam Current Affairs 07-09-2019
UPSC exam current affairs 07-09-2019- The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- Indus Valley Civilizations
- MEASLES, RUBELLA
- Global Liveability Index
- India-Russia bilateral ties
Watch Video – UPSC Exam Current Affairs 07-09-2019
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
UPSC Exam Current Affairs 07-09-2019 are followed in the part below:
UPSC Exam Current Affairs and News Analysis (07-09-2019)
Part of: GS Prelims
- Sri Lankan Navy is sending two ships to India to participate in the SLINEX 2019.
- SLINEX is a bi-lateral maritime fleet exercise between Navies of India and Sri Lanka.
- Since 2005, six successful SLINEX series of maritime exercises have been conducted. 2019 edition is the seventh edition of SLINEX..
- The week-long SLINEX 2019 exercise will commence on September 7, 2019. The exercise features wide-ranging naval exercises including helicopter operations.
- This has helped the two Navies in understanding each other’s procedures and contributes towards maritime security in the region.
Indus Valley Civilizations
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-II – Ancient History
- Investigation of DNA from skeletal remains exhumed from the Harappan burial ground at Rakhigarhi has given new bits of knowledge into Indian history.
- The examination shows that tracker gatherers of South Asia (who later shaped Harappa Civilization) have an autonomous cause and are not relative of Eurasian ranchers.
- The hypothesis of the Harappans having old Iranian rancher parentage along these lines stands invalidated.
Do You Know?
- The examination was done through DNA investigation of Rakhigarhi hence challenges Aryan Invasion hypothesis.
- In Europe, antiquated DNA thinks about have indicated that agribusiness would in general spread through an inundation of individuals with parentage in Anatolia, in advanced Turkey.
- In South Asia, be that as it may, the story shows up very unique. The analysts found a nonappearance of Anatolian-related heritage.
- Rakhigarhi in Haryana State, arranged 150 km toward the northwest of Delhi, is the site of a pre-Indus Valley Civilisation settlement returning to around 6500 BCE.
- In January 2014, the disclosure of extra hills at Rakhigarhi brought about it turning into the biggest Indus Valley Civilization site, overwhelming Mohenjodaro (300 Hectares) by just about 50 hectares.
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II – Issues relating to Health
- Part nations of the World Health Organization (WHO) South-East Asia Region have set out to dispose of measles and rubella by 2023.
- Measles and rubella are infectious viral diseases preventable by immunization and most popular by its particular red rash.
- Disposing of measles will forestall 500,000 passings per year in the area while taking out rubella/intrinsic rubella disorder (CRS) would turn away around 55,000 instances of rubella.
- Bhutan, North Korea, the Maldives, Sri Lanka and Timor-Leste have wiped out measles.
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, the Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Timor-Leste have controlled rubella.
- Measles is a lethal ailment which can prompt – Pneumonia, Diarrhea and other dangerous dangers.
- The respiratory ailment measles stays a main source of death among little youngsters, regardless of the way that a protected and successful immunization has been accessible for a long time. Measles is an intense disease brought about by an infection of the paramyxovirus family.
- It is one of the most infectious sicknesses and numerous youngsters who don’t have adequate insusceptibility contract measles whenever uncovered.
- During the initial barely any weeks in the wake of contracting measles, a kid’s resistant framework gets debilitated, and an ordinary cold or lose bowels can turn into a dangerous ailment.
- Rubella contamination during pregnancy can cause inborn disfigurements in infants, for example, Blindness, Deafness, Mental Retardation& Congenital coronary illness.
- Rubella is an intense, infectious viral disease. While rubella infection disease typically causes a gentle fever and rash ailment in youngsters and grown-ups, contamination during pregnancy, particularly during the principal trimester, can bring about the unnatural birth cycle, fetal passing, stillbirth, or newborn children with innate mutations, known as inherent rubella disorder (CRS).
- The rubella infection is transmitted via airborne beads when contaminated individuals wheeze or a hack. People are the main known host.
- There is no particular treatment, yet the illness can be averted by inoculation.
Global Liveability Index
Part of: GS Prelims
- The Austrian capital Vienna has been positioned the ‘world’s most liveable city’ for the second year straight on the yearly Global Liveability Index.
- The yearly Global Liveability Index of 140 urban communities around the globe, is discharged by UK’s The Economist news magazine.
- The file considers in excess of 30 subjective and quantitative elements spreading over classifications like solidness, social insurance, culture and condition, training, and framework.
- Just because, the record noticed the impacts of environmental change on liveability.
- New Delhi was positioned at 118th (a drop of six positions) because of “poor air quality. Mumbai was positioned 119th.
- The least liveable urban areas were Karachi, Tripoli, Dhaka, Lagos and, at the base, Damascus (Syria).
- Western Europe and North America keep on being the most liveable areas on the planet.
TOPIC: General Studies 2
- Reciprocal, territorial and worldwide groupings and understandings including India as well as influencing India’s inclinations
India-Russia bilateral ties
- Uncovering the Russian release of India’s ‘Look East, Act East’ strategy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi vowed on Thursday to broaden a $1 billion Line of Credit to Russia’s Far East locale (RFE).
- Money Indian business extends in the locale, will be the “take-off point for Act Far East”, and will additionally fortify two-sided ties.
What is the EEF?
- As indicated by its site, the EEF was set up by a declaration of the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, in 2015, with the point of supporting the monetary improvement of Russia’s the Far East, and to extend global collaboration in the Asia-Pacific locale.
- The progressing EEF Summit at the Far Eastern Federal University is the fifth in its history.
- Among the members of the Summit are India, Malaysia, Japan, Australia, and South Korea.
- As indicated by the EEF site, the 2018 Summit was gone to by in excess of 6,000 members from more than 60 nations, and more than 220 understandings worth over RUB 3.1 trillion were agreed upon. (Every Russian ruble is actually worth 1 Indian rupee.)
- The Summits have roundtable meetings, board sessions, business morning meals, other than business discoursed and reciprocal talks and understandings.
Mr Modi’s visit saw a few activities being propelled towards expanding the estimation of monetary ties between the two nations, which, at around $10 billion as far as a respective exchange, lingers a long ways behind their key organization and guard relationship
- India’s monetary ties with Russia have been battling with reciprocal exchange floating around $10 billion imprints. Vitality is one region which can possibly give improvement to their ties.
- On twentieth India—Russia Annual Summit India,
- They additionally consented to accelerate arrangements for the marking of the India-Russia
- Russia consents to step up an exchange to $30 bn by 2025.
- Intergovernmental Agreement on Promotion and Mutual Protection of Investments.
- It was additionally consented to heighten work for killing exchange boundaries. Which would be encouraged by the proposed Trading Agreement between the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) and the Republic of India.
- India has contracted resistance bargains worth about $14.5 billion from Russia.
- New Delhi’s choice to proceed with the acquisition of S-400 rocket guard framework, worth over $5 billion, regardless of the risk of US sanctions, underscores the significance India keeps on appending to its protection commitment with Russia.
- Boss among the 50 understandings marked for this present week were those on vitality investigation and acquirement, including a particular MoU on collaboration on LNG supplies to India, and a sea course from Vladivostok to Chennai which will be utilized for vitality exchange also.
- The different sides likewise concurred on a five-year ‘guide’ for participation on prospecting for hydrocarbons and LNG in the Far East and the Arctic, expanding on a background marked by Indian interest in oilfields in the district.
- The accentuation on vitality from this locale is as a lot of an offer to profit by investigations and exchange courses the Arctic that are getting open because of an unnatural weather change, as it is intelligent of India’s longing to enhance its vitality sources from a shaky West Asia.
- The interest in the Far East, which is regularly dismissed given that Russia is viewed as a European power in the post-Soviet time, likewise underlines India’s longing to attract Russia into its vital attacks the Indo-Pacific.
- Russia and India are additionally getting increasingly yearning by seeking after activities in third nations, for example, the Rooppur atomic power task of Bangladesh.
The push to ‘Act Far East’ enables India to show its duty to a zone of worry for Moscow, accordingly consoling its conventional accomplice that in an undeniably spellbound world, India is sure of working with various arrangements, regardless of whether they are experiencing some miscommunication with one another.
The test before India and Russia is that they have to change the twentieth-century association and make it fit for the 21st century. Worldwide patterns are developing quickly and significant forces are re-characterizing their binds with one another to coordinate their contemporary necessities.
Connecting the dots:
- India and Russia have been key accomplices even before cool wartime. Basically break down the resistance connection between two nations and what can be a conceivable path forward.
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in comment section)
- Featured Comments and comments Up-voted by IASbaba are the “correct answers”.
- IASbaba App users – Team IASbaba will provide correct answers in comment section. Kindly refer to it and update your answers.
Q.1) Consider the following statements
- Recent studies from Rakhigarhi remains have shown that hunter-gatherers of South Asia were descendent of Eurasian farmers strengthening Aryan Invasion theory.
- Rakhigarhi, the largest Indus Valley Civilization site is situated in Maharashtra.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Q.2) Global Liveability Index is released by which body/organisation?
- World Economic Forum
- United Nations
- World Bank
- None of the above
Q.3) Measles and Rubella diseases are caused due to
- Protozoan parasite Plasmodium.