Highlights |UPSC Exam Current Affairs 02-09-2019
UPSC exam current affairs 02-09-2019- The following article contains all the updated events and news for IAS Preparation. Our daily IAS Current Affairs and News cover the most important topics to give precise information to the reader and IAS Aspirants.
- Uranium Corporation of India Limited (UCIL)
- Ek Bharat, Vijayi Bharat
- INTERNATIONAL AGENCIES
- CLIMATE CHANGE/ENVIRONMENT
Watch Video – UPSC Exam Current Affairs 02-09-2019
Video Source – Shankar IAS Academy
find top institutes for IAS coaching
UPSC Exam Current Affairs 02-09-2019 are followed in the part below:
UPSC Exam Current Affairs and News Analysis (02-09-2019)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I – Geography
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo reported that the country’s capital will be moved from Jakarta on the island of Java to a yet-to-be-constructed city in East Kalimantan on the island of Borneo.
- The fundamental motivation to move the capital is to ease blockage.
- Kalimantan is the Indonesian piece of Borneo, an island imparted to Malaysia and Brunei.
- Jakarta is packed with home to in excess of 10 million individuals – and has a portion of the world’s most noticeably awful air contamination and traffic blockage evaluated to cost 100 trillion rupiahs (S$9.73 billion) a year because of lost efficiency.
- Poor urban arranging in Jakarta, just as unregulated depleting of springs, has left 40% of the city beneath ocean level.
- The move is a piece of a more extensive methodology to decentralize Indonesia’s monetary development – Jakarta is home to 60% of the nation’s populace and records for over portion of its financial action.
Do You Know?
- In 2005, Myanmar moved its capital from Yangon to Naypyidaw, which was additional reason worked as another capital.
- In 1960, Brazil moved its capital from Rio de Janeiro to Brasília, another arranged city.
- Malaysia has additionally moved its managerial focus to Putrajaya, south of the capital Kuala Lumpur
Uranium Corporation of India Limited (UCIL)
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-I – Geography
- The Andhra Pradesh government has requested an investigation into various protests about groundwater contamination brought about by the uranium mining and handling venture of UCIL in Kadapa region of AP.
- UCIL was joined in 1967 as a Public Sector Enterprise under the Department of Atomic Energy, for uranium mining and uranium preparing.
Do You Know?
- Jaduguda in Singhbhum Thrust Belt (in the province of Jharkhand) is the first uranium store to be found in Quite a while in 1951.
- Just 3% of intensity in India is given by Uranium.
- Biggest feasible stores of Uranium are found in Australia, Kazakhstan, and Canada.
Ek Bharat, Vijayi Bharat
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains I – Society
- Kanyakumari-based Vivekanand Kendra and its state units will dispatch a year-long across the country contact program to spread the messages of Swami Vivekananda.
- The mass contact program, titled “Ek Bharat Vijayi Bharat”, concurs with the 50th establishment year of Vivekanand Rock Memorial in Kanyakumari.
- The program will concentrate on spreading the messages of Swami Vivekananda, making individuals mindful of the rousing story of Vivekanand Rock Memorial and the exercises of Vivekanand Kendra.
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial is a landmark in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu at the Tri-intersection of Indian sea, the Bay of Bengal and Arabian ocean.
- It was worked in 1970 to pay tribute to Swami Vivekananda who is said to have accomplished edification at this spot in 1892, before his renowned Chicago trip.
- The remembrance comprises of two principle structures, the Vivekananda Mandapam and the Shripada Mandapam. The plan of the mandapa consolidates various styles of sanctuary engineering from all over India.
- Vivekananda Kendra works in the field of yoga, instruction, country advancement, youth inspiration, common asset improvement, social research among different territories.
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains GS-II- International Relations
- The noteworthy waterfront town of Mamallapuram in Tamil Nadu will be the scene for the second India-China casual summit between PM Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping, planned for October this year.
- The principal casual summit between them was held in Wuhan in China in April 2018.
- Mamallapuram additionally facilitated the Defense Expo 2018 or known as Defexpo, the Union Defense Ministry’s yearly occasion with universal interest.
Do You Know?
- Mamallapuram was one of two significant port urban communities by the seventh century inside the Pallava realm.
- The town has an assortment of seventh and eighth-century strict landmarks that has been proclaimed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Some significant structures include Thirukadalmallai, Descent of the Ganges or Arjuna’s Penance, Varaha Cave Temple and Pancha Rathas (Five Chariots).
TOPIC: General studies 2
- Two-sided, territorial and worldwide groupings and understandings including India as well as influencing India’s inclinations.
- Impact of approaches and governmental issues of created and creating nations on India’s inclinations, Indian Diaspora.
- Significant International foundations, organizations and fora-their structure, command.
- Home Minister Amit Shah has conveyed to Interpol Secretary-General Jurgen Stock that India would like the international police agency to expedite its process of publishing Red Notices
- As many as 18 requests for RNs from India are pending with Interpol.
What is a RED NOTICE?
- Lawbreakers or suspects frequently escape to different nations to dodge confronting equity. A RN alarms police powers over the world about escapees who are needed universally.
- Interpol depicts a RN as “a solicitation to law implementation worldwide to find and temporarily capture an individual pending removal, give up, or comparable legitimate activity”.
- RNs contain data that distinguishes needed people, for example, their names, dates of birth, nationality, and physical traits, for example, the shade of their hair and eyes, just as pictures and biometric information, for example, fingerprints in the event that they are accessible. RNs additionally notice the crime(s) they are needed for.
- A RN is distributed by Interpol in line with a part nation. The criminals might be needed for arraignment or to carry out a punishment. The nation giving the solicitation need not be the nation of origin of the criminal; Interpol follows up on the solicitation of a nation where the supposed wrongdoing has been carried out.
Number of Red Notices
- The Interpol says somewhere in the range of 58,000 RNs are at present legitimate, of which around 7,000 are open. Most RNs are limited to law implementation utilize as it were.
- In situations where the assistance of the general population is expected to find an individual, or if those people represent a risk to open wellbeing, an open concentrate of the RN is distributed on the Interpol’s site.
- In 2018, Interpol gave 13,516 RNs
Importance of RNs
- RNs are given to all the while ready police in all part nations about globally needed criminals.
- An RN can help carry an outlaw to equity, now and again numerous years after the wrongdoing was submitted.
- Notwithstanding, on the grounds that an RN isn’t a capture warrant, activity against a criminal habitually lays on the conciliatory clout that the nation making the solicitation has with the nation where the outlaw is found.
Key notes about Interpol:
- Interpol is worldwide police co-activity office and a non-administrative association (NGO).
- It was built up as the International Criminal Police Commission (ICPC) in 1923.
- Its headquarter is situated at Lyon, France.
- It is the world’s biggest global police association, with 194 part nations (counting India).
- It is second-biggest worldwide association after United Nations as far as universal portrayal.
- Its work centres around open security and engaging psychological warfare, wrongdoings against mankind, slaughter, atrocities, ecological wrongdoing and so forth.
- It looks to encourage universal police participation even where strategic relations don’t exist between specific nations.
- It guarantees that police the world over approach apparatuses and administrations important to carry out their responsibilities viably.
- It likewise gives focused on preparing, master insightful help, pertinent information and secure interchanges channels.
- It principally utilizes its police ability and capacities for these three kinds of wrongdoings.
- Sorted out wrongdoing
- Digital Crime
- Interpol works related to all part nations and global associations like the United Nations and European Union to battle universal wrongdoing.
- India has been a part since 1956. Like any part country, India keeps up a National Central Bureau which fills in as the national stage for collaboration between local law requirement units and the worldwide police network.
- The NCB is the assigned contact point for the Interpol. India has teamed up with the Interpol in handling a horde of sorted out violations, for example, poaching, natural life dealing, false medications and phoney drug rackets, among others.
Connecting the dots:
- What are Interpol’s Red Notice and removal? Clarify how it functions and what occurs if there would be no removal bargain?
TOPIC:General Studies 3:
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
Climate Change and Nationalist Ideology
- Brazil’s Amazon woodlands are on fire with many flames, the vast majority of them set deliberately by lumberjacks and others looking for more noteworthy access to timberland land. At this scale, the flames are preparing for a worldwide atmosphere calamity.
- Then, numerous urban areas in Europe and somewhere else have seen high temperatures at no other time experienced.
- Heatwaves have additionally quickened softening of icy masses in Greenland at a rate that was not envisioned.
Nationalism and climate change:
- The Brazilian President has expressed that the Amazon woodland fires are an inside issue.
- The American President Donald Trump has pulled back from the Paris Climate Agreement expressing that it is against the national interests of the U.S. Over the Atlantic.
- English Prime Minister has gotten financing from atmosphere science refusal gatherings while saying that he would campaign the U.S. to pay attention to environmental change more.
The consuming of the world’s biggest woodland holds the withdrawal of the world’s driving polluter from a significant global arrangement and the U.K’s. noninterventionist strategies may have all the earmarks of being the triumph of patriot philosophy. Yet, these activities have results that far rise above national limits and effect all animals that offer life on the planet.
Better land use:
Changes in land use pattern and climate change:
- While vitality and transport are fundamentally answerable for the aggregation of ozone-depleting substances (GHGs) in the climate, changes in land use designs also have made huge commitments.
- Deforestation, mechanical horticultural frameworks and desertification are significant drivers of environmental change.
- Farming, ranger service and other land use exercises represented somewhat less than a quarter (23%) of the all-out net anthropogenic discharges of GHGs between 2007-2016.
A recent report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report makes it clear that unless the land is managed in a sustainable manner, climate change can’t be tackled.
- Managing land better for farming would entail implementing more sustainable agricultural practices. It would mean, for instance, reducing chemical input drastically, and taking the practice of food production closer to natural methods of agroecology, as these would reduce emissions and enhance resilience to warming.
- The IPCC report calls for avoiding conversion of grassland to cropland, bringing in equitable management of water in agriculture, crop diversification, agroforestry and investment in local and indigenous seed varieties that can withstand higher temperatures.
- It also recommends practices that increase soil carbon and reduce salinisation.
An inclusive land-use policy:
- To make these significant changes and reduce inequality and poverty, land use policy should incorporate better access to markets for small and marginal farmers, empower women farmers, expand agricultural services and strengthen land tenure systems.
- Sustainable land management can reduce multiple stressors on ecosystems and societies. It will also help societies adapt better to warmer climates and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
Establishing sustainable food systems:
- Reducing food waste, which is estimated to be a quarter of the food produced.
- It also necessitates eating locally grown food and cutting meat consumption.
Alongside these changes, it is important to put an end to deforestation, while conserving mangroves, peatland and other wetlands.
Addressing the transnational challenges of climate change and land:
The narrow lens of nationalism is no longer serving us.
We need new planetary ethics that support alternative systems for the future, for a sustainable earth.
The focus has to be on the following:
- Growth of ecological sensibilities.
- Supporting pluralism.
- Enhancing the quality of life.
- Shifting values away from consumerism.
- Creating new identities and cultures that transcend conventional boundaries.
Viewing the transnational challenge of climate change through the narrow lens of nationalism will only spell disaster. A sense of solidarity across boundaries needs to be created, instead of building fortress worlds, will contribute to the path we build.
Connecting the dots:
- Viewing the transnational challenge of climate change through the narrow lens of nationalism will only spell disaster. Comment.
(TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE)
Model questions: (You can now post your answers in the comment section)
Q.1) The descent of the Ganges and Arjuna’s Penance are portrayed in which of following India’s heritage site
- Ajanta Caves
- Ellora Caves
- None of the above
Q.2) Uranium deposits are located at which among the following places in India
- Mahadek Basin in Meghalaya
- Singhbhum belt in Jharkhand
- Bhima basin in Karnataka
- Aravallis in Rajasthan
Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
- 1,2 and 3 only
- 2,3 and 4 only
- 1,2 and 3 only
- 1,2,3 and 4
Q.3) Consider the following statements
- Ministry of Culture is launching “Ek Bharat Vijayi Bharat”, a mass-contact programme to spread the teachings of Swami Vivekananda
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial is a monument in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu at the Tri-junction of Indian ocean, Bay of Bengal and Arabian sea.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Q.4) Which of the following is geographically closest to Great Nicobar?
- Sri Lanka